Friday 30 December 2011

How I Spent Christmas and the tale of the naughty computer

Christmas 2011

A belated Merry Christmas to all!  Here I am on Christmas morning at Liverpool Cathedral.  The service is just over and we have worshipped and taken communion with about 798 others.  No exaggeration!  Christmas Day service is PACKED.  (Gorgeous husband did a calculation of the number of rows and number of seats per row.) The service finishes with Widor's Toccata in D, belted out by one of the most powerful church organs in the world.  Magnificently stirring stuff!!

Afterwards we had the usual Christmas day with his family, and even though I have been with them for 15 Christmas dinners consecutively, it never fails to amaze me that they don't fight, there is no hard feelings, and everyone has a jolly time.  So different from other Christmases I have known, but that's another story!

The naughty computer decided to die, or go on extended holiday, or off into la-la land on Christmas Eve.  I thought I could catch up using the computers at the library, but no, no, no..... they are closed until January 3.  Just as I contemplated an expensive bill for computer repair, GH decided to have a go at it one more time.  Surprise, surprise.  It is back, and behaving as though nothing had happened.  What is one to do?  Just be glad and amazed and hope that it continues to operate, I suppose.

1 comment:

The Style Crone said...

Happy that your computer decided to cooperate for the holidays. Beautiful photo of you in your church! Happy New Year and wishing you a spectacular 2012!