Thursday 23 February 2012

When in doubt, turn to poetry

Well, for some reason, the computer will not accept my images, and having tried it twice, and only got the message that it is an "error", I have decided to momentarily give up and switch to the written word.  What else can I do at this point, other than throw the machine out the window? 

So, in an effort to put something onto the blog, I'm posting an old poem of mine from some years back.

Hard to Believe, but it's all Mine

No one loves a big bum
And that's a shame
Considering all the cream cakes
that went into building it
All the temptations succumbed to
the ice creams licked
the pastries, the pies,
the diet denied
The least the public could do
is stand back
And applaud.

I don't think Shakespeare will be afraid of losing his title as the ultimate wordsmith, but at least it's a blog entry. 

4 comments:

Melanie said...

That is an inspired poem! I'm glad you couldn't post images because then you wouldn't have posted this poem. It made me laugh.

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Thanks Cyber-pal. You can see why it wouldn't have been a good idea to have a corresponding image. Might "frighten the horses" as a friend of mine used to say.

Cheers,
Rosemary

Susan said...

This is the second post in a row directly relevant to me!

With the time I'll save not knitting socks, I'll walk every day. And if I knit only what I love (just about everything but socks), I won't get bored and drift into the kitchen looking for snacks.

And I think Willie Shake would love your post too.

Susan

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Hello Susan, thank you so much for your comments! Interesting that you should think about knitting and weight loss. I must tell you about my friend Sam, who took up knitting so that her fingers would be busy with yarn instead of poking around in the fridge. She has a lot of scarves now, which she is selling, and also has a lot of weight loss. How about that?

Cheers,
Rosemary