Wednesday 7 March 2012

Has Someone scattered Ugly Dust on my Wardrobe?

Has anyone had a day like this?  Overslept by an hour, couldn't find the dress I had planned to wear, misjudged the amount of time it would take to get to the early networking meeting, so I arrived breathless and panting.  Of course, it started to spit rain as I rushed to arrive on time, but not really enough to put up an umbrella.  Just enough to make my hair look like it had been in the spin dryer. Great first impression!



For some reason, all my wardrobe lately seems to have been sprinkled with Ugly Dust.  I used to like all my clothes, and put together outfits that I really felt great in, and then, ka-pow, suddenly it's all "not right".  Take this morning's fiasco, when coat, dress, boots, handbag and carrier bag of stuff I needed for the day's meetings all looked they had been in a fight. 

Anyway, I did manage to pull this look off a little later in the day.  The reason that it's a close up is because those are the bits that worked.   I do like the scarf though.  I knitted that, and I'm really pleased that it isn't an unfinished project.  Well, tomorrow's another day, right?

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful scarf! Your writing is brilliant - it made me laugh. Perhaps a little shopping therapy would help.

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Many thanks Melanie. I love your writing as well. Maybe it is time to introduce some new players in the wardrobe sweepstakes!

Cheers,
Rosemary

his_girl_friday said...

I hate it when I can't find anything to wear even though I'm surrounded by clothes

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Been there so, so many times!!! I think that was another catalyst to start making my clothes; it happens far less frequently now. Don't worry though. I swear no one noticed!!!

The Style Crone said...

Your scarf is lovely! Such talent you display is so many areas.

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Thanks everyone! Hope to be out of the woods satorially speaking soon!