Thursday 17 May 2012

I Won An Award! (Yes, me!)

What a fabulous surprise awaited me this morning in my email inbox.  Mel, of Bag and a Beret has awarded me a fabuluous Blogger Appreciation Award.  She is so delightful, with her ingenius outfits and laugh-out-loud writing style, that I felt truly honoured.  Hugs and kisses, ya'all (as my Texan  friend Gail would say.)

I'm sorry, I just can't figure out how to do links to other blogs, so to make things accessible to readers, may I just say, go to http://www.stylecrone.com/ and follow Judith's list of "Blogs we love".  You will find Bag and a Beret there, as well as other fabulous bloggers. I go there every day, just to see what my cyber-friends are up to.  I feel like it's a virtual hug every day! 

I am supposed to answer 4 questions, so here we go:

1. How long have you been blogging?  (I had to look this up.  I couldn't remember. The first post is July 20, 2011, a photo of Gorgeous Husband and I in our Regency costumes.  He is a costumed tour guide and takes visitors around a stately home, and tells them the story of the bankruptcy of the family who owned it.  I don't know any of the history, so I just fluff my fan at the appropriate times, and say things like, "Oooh, shocking!"  or my other line, "The scoundrel!"

2.  Why did I start blogging?  I suppose I started as a way to show off my dressing up costumes with a wider audience.  I wanted to share our adventures in re-enacting Tudor times, the Regency period (1811-1820) and the 40s and World War 2. 

3.What type of blogs do I follow?  I look at Judith's blog list in http://www.stylecrone.com/ and see who is there.  Then I sometimes follow people that those people follow.  Bit like unravelling a bit of knitting.

4. What is the one thing that I would like to improve on in my blog?  Gosh, there's lots.  For the longest time I was only able to post one photo.  Couldn't seem to figure out how to progress from that.  I would love to have those neat photos down the side of the post.  It would be nice to be able to post links.  And I would definately join Patti's Visible Monday if I could get that link to work.  I like to click on the images on Visible Monday and see if it is someone I am unfamilar with.  I really could use some techno-help (preferrably at my elbow when I need it!)

I would like to nominate for a fabulous Blogger Apprecation Award the follow bloggers:

  • Idiocyncratic Fashionistas  (I so envy the fun they have and their fabulous outfits)
  • www. stylecrone.com   Judith Boyd's wonderful blog.  She writes so beautifully, and dresses so distinctively and with such flair.  And to wear a hat every day, you've got to have the courage to follow your own style!
  • www.advancedstyle.com   Ari Seth Cohen's landmark blog about it's possible to be beautiful and have fun when you are no longer young.  He made it possible for so many women "of a certain age" to feel empowered.
  •  
  • That's a Pretty Hat, Kathleen's lovely blog (also about hat wearing) and how to be "lady-like".  Her mother's day entry was a real tear-jerker.


This is my bouquet of roses for winning the award.  OK, it isn't really, but ... hey, it's nice to imagine I'm on the red carpet, taking a bow...These roses will feature in the next blog post, to be called "The Other Annivesary"... which is a continuation of the Wedding Anniversary story.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thank you so much for recognizing me and thanks for your kind thoughts about my mother.

The Style Crone said...

Hi Rose, I enjoyed reading your 'blog history' accompanied with your wonderful sense of humor. Thank you so much for the award and for gracing the blogging community with your style.

Curtise said...

It's great to be able to pass the love around! I love Melanie, as you know, and have just discovered Judith's blog. So many fascinating women out there to "meet"!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting, I appreciate it.
Love Curtise xx

Jean at www.drossintogold.com said...

Congrats my dear!!!! I am in good company, I see!!

Much love, Jean

Tamera Beardsley said...

Congratulations my dear!!! And a nomination from the wonderful Melanie...I do think that counts as a double award!!

Mrs. D said...

Congratulations, this is awesome (yes I am catching up on blog posts from the last few weeks hehehe)