Thursday 29 August 2013

The Twelve Minute Dash (part 2)

I'm going to continue my story about getting ready in 12 minutes, as on my last post about this, the computer unexpectedly died.  I thought it better to publish what I had rather than try it again.

This is another outfit from the Aberyswyth Museum.  They had lovely Victorian clothes, including the black high top button shoes, but my computer (for reasons best known to itself!) is not letting me post all the photos that I would like to put up.

In case you're interested, the "bare necessities" of my getting ready whirlwind were: drinking my daily dose of aloe vera, applying sunscreen (factor 30), putting on some make-up, chosing jewellery, quick whizz of comb through hair, and jumping into an outfit that didn't require much thinking.  If I'd had more time, I would have worn a striped black and white T shirt under the white jacket, but no worries.  No one arrested me for grabbing a white T instead.  I wanted to wear the striped shoes, as I think they look nautical and I don't wear them a lot.  They were a great bargain at £5, so even though I didn't exactly need them, they followed me home!


This is me at the Museum in front of an item of furniture called a "Welsh Dresser".  Basically, it's a cabinet that has space for displaying your best china and the drawers on the bottom are for storage.  At least, that's what it is commonly referred to in this country, but this type of thing probably has other names as well.

This photo shows my well-used white cotton jacket better than the other pictures.  It is sort of a waiter's jacket in styling.  I got it in a shop in Nice (France) that sold clothes that were techically too young for me to wear.  But I really like it, and the snug fit seems to enhance other outfits.  It has lived through having coffee and chocolate spilled on it, and getting grubby on car and train journeys.  It even survived my falling on my elbow without the sleeve ripping, so it is made of , ahem.... sturdy stuff!

How about you?  Have you ever had to get ready on the fly?  Can you beat my 12 minute record?!


One last shot: me at the  War Memorial in Aberyswyth.

2 comments:

Gabriala Brown said...

Rosemary, I love that first dress! At first I thought it was new and I got excited for a nanosecond and then read it was a museum piece. :-) I am really drawn to that era right now, and big dresses, petticoats and button up boots. xo

No Fear of Fashion said...

I think you look lovely. The jacket is a keeper. What interesting necklace are you wearing?
Greetje